05/23/26 - Parliament Tour and My First Queue!

My British Life in Business class took a tour of Parliament this past week. It was fascinating to learn about all the traditions that are still practiced there hundreds of years later. 

One example is the House of Commons: the floor has two red lines placed between the governing and opposing party's benches that run exactly two sword lengths apart...a historic safety precaution.

Most of the places prohibited photos, but I managed to snap a few:


 

On another note, I've been hearing a lot about how much British people love their queues.

I'm proud to say I officially joined my first one today - AND I was the first in line. Magnolia Bakeries hosted its famous banana pudding pop-up at the OWO, so after class, I walked over and hopped in line. It was a 45 minute wait in the blistering heat wave, but it was completely worth it (I'm already through my two large tubs).






Love,

Megan



Popular posts from this blog

5/18/26 - Aldi & A Show

5/20/26 - Chelsea in Bloom

06/03/26 - Chelsea, Honest Burgers & Love Island